Tuesday 30 August 2016

Alicia keys: criticism on one's personal choices.

Hello dear viewers,
        Few weeks ago, I put up a post on makeup and psychological disorder. This post generated a lot of reactions from women who have issues going out without wearing makeup. So, this made me really wonder why a lot of people are  criticizing  Alicia Keys on her #no makeup decision to the BET awards at Microsoft theater in L.A.

Keys wrote in her Lenny letter on may 31. Cause I don't want to cover up anymore; not my face, not my mind, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth, nothing!!. It's her decision to go with or without makeup. I believe she is supposed to be clapped at, such boldness and confidence should be a sense of encouragement to women struggling with esteem issues. Why can't one choose not to put on makeup. It's her face, her choice and her life. The moment a woman realizes that she looks good without those chemicals on her face, she is real. So quit criticizing keys and get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression sounds like a calm expression, but it is a word that has affected thousands of young people in the 21st generation....