Thursday 16 June 2016

on intelligence;How a country can affect ones level of intelligence







yea, I agree, the talk on intelligence has become so much but really how can one go ahead in this fast paced world of ours without possessing an intelligence that out smarts his/her environment. A professor of mine once told me never to write about what I am ignorant about, so as a Nigerian I would lay my emphasis on Nigeria.

The natural genetic makeup of the body interacts with environment from the moment of conception. Extreme environmental conditions can predominate behavior in some cases.This particular factor aids to provide individual intelligence.There have also been debates on which has the greater influence in a person genetics or environment. In the course of my article I would explain my personal standpoint which is Environment and why i choose that.

A persons environment consists of the people he/she interacts with, the things ones sees, the food one eats, the books one reads, the experiences one has. Definitely, am not disputing to the fact that genetics has a role it does because it is the unit of heredity by which a biological trait is passed down through generations of human beings. Environment on my part has more to play because a persons interactions can change his/her view points and reactions towards life. for example, take a quiet and observant child who believes so much in family and community to an environment where one is independent and fends for himself. This child would definitely metamorphose into the activities of the people he is constantly interacting with.

Am absolutely sure a lot of you may not accept this but let me explain from the environment I come from:
I assert to it that all Nigerians are smart and I mean what I say. To an average Nigerian man, he believes he is smarter than every other person despite the educational status of the rival. They may pretend to be really calm and insightful but really they intend to outsmart you. A child growing up in such an environment becomes aware of this variables and may decide to tackle it up by putting up what I call the survival instinct. this refers to an extremist approach to save one self from the claws of deception. In contrast to this is the American view of signing up to fight for the integrity and dignity of the country. A child becomes aware of this and decides to sacrifice for the service of the nation. 95% of youths in Nigeria would ignore such a call. The conservative nature of Britons makes it easy for them to be preservative. A nation like India is built on religious settings so people who grow up here becomes aware to the circumstances surrounding this fact.

Lot of you would ask what does this have to do with a person's intelligence. But yes it does because ones environment decides ones approach to life and the people in it. I would appreciate if I get contrary opinions and view points because am open to change.









 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression sounds like a calm expression, but it is a word that has affected thousands of young people in the 21st generation....